T: 01462 4620555
F: 01462 623555
Address: Pixmore Junior School, Rushby Mead, Letchworth Garden City, Herts SG6 1RS
Contact: Mrs Alex Evans – Headteacher
Mrs Sharon Jarvis – School Manager
Mrs Sue Willans – Special Education Needs Coordinator
SCHOOL'S ETHOS AND VALUES
Include, Achieve, Inspire
Pixmore is a happy and safe school where we are:
- Ready to Learn – we inspire a love of learning to create inquisitive thinkers, conscientious learners, creative individuals and responsible citizens through a broad, engaging curriculum which centres on the needs of every child.
- Respectful – we respect ourselves and others, the school around us and our local community; we embrace individuality and celebrate culture and diversity.
- Safe – we believe that happy children who feel safe and secure at school and home engage best in their learning. We work in a calm, friendly and safe environment, where courtesy, common sense and consideration for others is expected. We follow the Pixmore Way to guide us, and to help keep ourselves and other safe.
We expect high standards in all aspects of school life including attitudes to learning and to other people, academic achievements and presentation of work and of self.
We have a positive culture at Pixmore where relationships are crucial to success; we actively encourage the development of healthy, safe relationships through consideration and tolerance, by learning self-discipline and respect for others and our school. We all follow the Pixmore Way.
We are committed to creating an inclusive, interesting and inspiring environment alongside a curriculum rich with opportunities for all to:
- Enjoy success and feel valued
- Participate in engaging and memorable activities
- Practice the Pixmore Learning Powers (PLP)
- Build safe and rewarding relationships
- Investigate, explore and problem solve
- Think analytically and reflectively
- Master skills in all subjects
- Achieve high standards
- Have ownership and choices within their learning
- Celebrate individuality
Pixmore is Community School and admission arrangements are managed by Herts County Council
LATEST OFSTED REPORT
For a full copy of our OFSTED report please follow the link to visit the OFSTED website.
For Parent View please follow the link:https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/parent-view-results/survey/result/12846/current
LATEST KEY STAGE 2 RESULTS AND LINK TO SCHOOL PERFORMANCE TABLES
Information about the School Governors can be found by following the link:
We follow a broad and balanced curriculum and appreciate that children have different skills and abilities. The links below provide details of the curriculum for each year group.
Year 3: Long Term Overview
Year 4: Long Term Overview
Year 5: Long Term Overview
Year 6: Long Term Overview
In addition trips and visits are organised throughout the year that link with the year groups curriculum.
The school offers a variety of clubs that the children can attend.
Please also look at the gallery page to see pictures of some of the children at work and trips that they have attended.
For further information regarding the National Curriculum please follow the link:
OUT OF HOURS PROVISION
The school offers a Breakfast Club to those children who require it. This is run Monday – Friday Term Time only 8.30am – 8.50am at no cost.
The school also offers a Morning Club, Monday – Friday, Term Time only, 8am – 8.40am at a cost of 50p per day. Applications to Mr A Willard or Mr G Anderson.
For other provision available in Letchworth please contact Funzone for further information and costs.
Tel. 07870 168308 Web page: www.funzoneafterschoolclub.weebly.com
REQUESTS FOR COPIES
Parents/Guardians may request a paper copy of the information provided on the school’s website free of charge.